AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions and view-through conversions in mobile app install campaings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question regarding the view through conversions and the conversions as a whole. Is it possible when a video mobile app campaing and a mobile app install campaign are in the same account impressions and clicks to come from the mobile app install campaign but the conversions to appear in  the video mobile app campaign? We have noticed that some of our mobile app install campaigns have a lot of clicks but the conversions decrease and the video mobile app campaings continue increasing their traffic.

My other question is in regards to the view through conversions - are they available for mobile app install campaigns?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions and view-through conversions in mobile app install campaings

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi ivelina K,

Since AdWords uses last click attribution, a campaign that is responsible for the latest click before a conversion would get the credit for it. Other campaigns that helped in the process would get a credit in terms of view through conversions (for display campaigns) and assisted conversions (for search campaigns). View through conversions are available for app install campaigns as well.

So in this case, if a user sees an image ad (from mobile app install campaign), then clicks on a video ad (app install) and converts, AdWords would attribute one conversion to the video campaign and a view through conversion to the other. More about attribution model here.

Hope that helps, feel free to write back!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response!

But I am still wondering is it possible when a video mobile app campaing and a mobile app install campaign are in the same account impressions and clicks to come from the mobile app install campaign but the conversions to appear in the video mobile app campaign?

Best Regards,
Ivelina

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ivenlina,
As AdWords works on last click attribution so it should not happen that impressions and clicks to come from the mobile app install campaign but the conversions to appear in the video mobile app campaign.

In your case it looks like your video ad campaign is giving more information about the app to the visitors that may be reason of getting better conversions more downloads, but then also if you are still wondering that your mobile app install is helping to get conversions on video mobile app campaign then you can do AB testing by slowing down your mobile app install campaign and after that also if your video app install campaigns performance is same then it means it is your "video app install campaign" which is performing good and it is not being assisted from your "mobile app install campaign".

Hope this helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again,

I don't see any view through conversions for none of my mobile app install and video mobile app install campaigns. It seems that I cannot set a view through conversion window when the conversion source is Android app install or IOS app install. It can be set op only for website. Why is that so?

Best Regards,
Ivelina

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

There could be a few reasons for this. Is it for Android or iOS? Could you check the action you're tracking - installs, first-open or in-app actions?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

There are no view-through conversions for IOS first-open, Android first-open and Android app install in another account.