AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions and Estimated Total Conversions match exactly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When looking at our conversion tracking, we see that the Conversions column and the Estimated Total Conversions column give exactly the same numbers. For instance, in one campaign (we are a specialty retailer selling high-priced luxury items and have a relatively low number of total conversions), the Conversions column reads 28, the Converted Clicks column reads 21, and the Estimated Total Conversions column reads 28. The numbers in the Conversions and Estimated Total Conversions columns match exactly like this for every campaign we are running.

Does this mean that the Estimated Total Conversions column is not really supplying any actual information to us? Obviously some of our customers must be converting cross-device or cross-browser or via e-mail or phone calls, neither of which are set up for conversion tracking. Any insight into this situation would be very helpful, thanks in advance...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions and Estimated Total Conversions match exactly

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,

Conversions and Estimated Total Conversions are the same unless you have 50 conversions each day.
Read more here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Linda. I had seen that article, but was wondering why our Estimated Total Conversions column was showing an actual number instead of just a “--” as described there. Seems unnecessarily confusing and/or misleading, to me at least...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi John, the Estimated Total Conversions column includes the data from the "Conversions" column, so that's where your 28 comes from.  The article does mention "--" but it does say may rather than "will".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits