AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions Tracking Incorrectly Implemented

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I have been having some issues with conversion tracking.

I recently added the html tracking code to the landing pages that I am using and I thought the problem was sorted. Basically I want to know how many people have filled the forms. The numbers that I am currently getting on Adwords are a lot higher than the ones that I have on our CRM system.

The tracking is not being correctly implemented for some reason. Any ideas of what I can be doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Ana

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Ana O,

Make sure the the conversion tracking code is placed on the thank you page instead of the landing page.

If you are importing conversions from the google analytics, cross check if you are not importing the same goal that you are already tracking through AdWords.

To check whether the code has been placed correctly or not, use the Google tag assistant(chrome extension).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Ana,

If you are unable to have a thank you page, you can use Google Tag Manager to count form submissions, but it is much more complicated to set up if you haven't done it before.