AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions Many per click- but I only sell one product????- and customers only return yearly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could I ask how the conversions many per click could be initiated if a user can only purchase one product .

( and there are no other measurable actions on the site)

For example lets say the ecoomerce activity was signing up for an online course and the adwords conversion tracking only fired on payment for the course.

How, in this case, coud  I still see a large difference in converisons 1 per click and conversions many per clcik ( approx 25% difference).

thankyou

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions Many per click- but I only sell one product????- and customers only return yearly

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi smur

Where has the tracking code been placed - on a separate page? Or does it just execute every time someone clicks a specific button?
Cause in the latter case it could be that people push the button several times (of some reason, for example, nothing happened the first time etc)

Are you completely sure that the code has only been placed at one place?

Re: Conversions Many per click- but I only sell one product????- and customers only return yearly

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to clarify your question, you would like to know if Conversion Type Many Per Click suits you given your condition that you *only sell one product * customers only return yearly ?

I would like to share to you a good explanation about: One Vs Many Per Click

Many-per-click conversions happen when that same user clicks through, enters your site, and then completes multiple conversions upon their visit. It best suits your business if you are after with the transactions prior to your main conversion goal.

The user clicks on you ad, goes to your website then opts-in to receive a brochure.  This triggers a lead conversion.

Conversions (one per click): 1
Conversions (many per click): 1

The user refreshes the conversion page:

Conversions (many per click): 2

The user returns to the lead conversion page a week later from a bookmarked link:

Conversions (many per click): 3

The user gets an email from your company two weeks later and then buys something, triggering a sale conversion:

Conversions (many per click): 4

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for your comments and thoughts.

Hopefully the explantion below will help in understanding the scenario.

We are confindent that the code has only been placed on the thank you page- which fires post payment.

So it is unlikely that people bookmark the payment confirmation page.

Also this hopefully removes the issue if a client his the submission link multiple times.

I do accept that that the online form is quite lengthy and would take sevetal hours to complete so we would exepect a good percentage  to retun to the site to finsih - however the conversion is only meastred after payment has been processed, and this  would only occur once.

Hence I am still perplexed about how we have multupile conversions per click.

Many thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you say something about figures - how many conversions 1 per click and how many of many per click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI david,

As I mentioend there is aprox a 25% difference oin recorded conversions in one per click vs many per click.

In terms of data size conversions1 per click = 700

Conversions many per click =1000

So I woudl suggest thata is a strong trend

thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Smur,

One possibility is that the Thankyou page that has the conversion code is being refreshed by 25% of the users.

Are you giving a Order ID on that thankyou page that can be usd for tracking the order? If yes, there is a high chance people are book marking the page too!

You could see this blog to give you some more clarity.. Though it is an old blog.. it explains different scenarios well.

http://www.roirevolution.com/blog/2009/06/adwords_conversions_the_one_vs_manyperclick_breakd.php

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Smur,

that is a big difference, and statistically significant. I can´t give you any other possible explanation than the one suggested: that people refresh or come back to the page where the code is.