AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions - How do I get correct settings to track what I want?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had set up a conversion tag to put into my landing page, but it seems like it's not tracking correctly. I want people who fill out a form on my landing page to be counted as a conversion, but it's tracking something differently because the number I have is much more than the number of form fills I've received. How do I correct this??

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 2.57.11 PM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emy W
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Emy W,

As mentioned by @RobSkelton, you need to place the code on the thank-you/success page, not the landing page.

Placing the AdWords conversion tracking code on the landing page will count every visitor as conversions.

As per your goal, you need to place this code on the redirected page after clicking the submit button of the enquiry form.

Note: Do not forget to remove the code from the landing page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emy,

The best way is to send people to a thank you page after submitting the form, and having the conversion code on the thank you page. Is this how you are doing it?

Re: Conversions - How do I get correct settings to track what I want?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, it is only in the body of the landing page. The platform I use to create my landing pages has it so that if anything in the form feature, it’ll change every page that form is on. So if I were to put the conversion tag on the thank you page, it’d track every person that filled out that form, regardless of which landing page it came from.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Emy,

AdWords conversion tracking will only count converters who clicked on your AdWords ad. For AdWords tracking purposes, there is no need to have a separate landing page for AdWords visitors.

If the code is on the landing page, it will count visits to that page, not form fills. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emy W
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Emy W,

As mentioned by @RobSkelton, you need to place the code on the thank-you/success page, not the landing page.

Placing the AdWords conversion tracking code on the landing page will count every visitor as conversions.

As per your goal, you need to place this code on the redirected page after clicking the submit button of the enquiry form.

Note: Do not forget to remove the code from the landing page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’