AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking working?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how you can be 100% sure that the conversion code is installed correctly on your website?

I have a feeling that some conversion are being missed and need our IT team to check it - they will try and tell me everything is fine without checking properly so I wondered if anyone had any advice of what is needed to make a thorough check of this?

Does this happen? Where some conversions are tracked and others are missed?

Would really appreciate help with this! I'm struggling! Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Laura

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking working?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Best way to check that is to actually perform a test conversion by clicking on your own ad and completing the goal conversion steps ( may be a sale or filling up some contact form). Then wait for about 24 hrs to see if it gets updated in your Adwords stats or not.

I also found this article which contains additional information on checking the code.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Does this happen? Where some conversions are tracked and others are missed?

Even if the tracking code has been implemented correctly things can always happen during an individual conversion that makes it not being tracked. For example javascript failed to execute.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

If the conversion code hasn't been messed with, if the conversion code is returned with a new page (not with Ajax), and if one conversion has been recorded, it's a pretty safe bet it has been installed correctly.

If a visitor leaves your thank you page before the conversion code runs, that AdWords conversion will not be recorded. If the user has deleted the Analytics and/or AdWords cookies, the AdWords conversion will not be recorded.

No one can get a guarent4eed 100% capture of AdWords conversions, but you can get close.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The conversion tracking script has a 'Tracking Indicator' that if selected will display text on your Thank you page that the code has executed. Please see below:

Kindly check if you see text like its showin in the preview box in the image above when you do a test conversion by clicking on one of your ads on Google. Please also ask the person who handles your account to verify if he/she enabled this tracking indicator option.

Hope this helps.