AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking without conversion page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I want to implement conversion tracking for an online store. We have about 6 payment methods. For some of them the payment can be done directly and I can show to the user a "thank you" page. However, for the other payment methods the payment is not directly. For example you come to my site and want to buy a pair of shoes, go to the buying page and click the button buy. The system generates digits code. With this code you go to pay cash, lets say to e terminal. After you pay  my online store gets a notification that you have paid. But iin this case there is no thank you page, because the payment is cash

How it is possble in this situation to implement conversion tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking without conversion page

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

I am not sure I understand this completely but let me know if this is possible.

Can you put conversion code where sytems generats code for cash transaction. I believe that happens on your website.

Downside is, It will consider conversions for each time code is generated irrespective of user paying by cash or not

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: Conversion tracking without conversion page

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi kaloyanns,

You could try Analytics event tracking as a goal and attach the event to the link or button that sends them off to the third party payment system. The problem with doing that is that if the user drops out of the covnersion process (does not complete the transaction) your reports will indicate they did complete the conversion.

If there is a customized "thank you" page for your transactions, you can place the AdWords conversion code on that page to record conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords