AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking with third party embed for shopping cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a third party embed on our website for a shopping cart. www.grouphiit.com/pages/join-group-hiit.

I have the conversion tracking working as a goal. That goal gets imported into AdWords (not sure if it always sends it or partially yet)

When someone initiates the shopping cart, it shows up as /cart in my analytics because the embed has our analytics code. So it looks like its part of our site. However, it shows up as a DIRECT source instead of wherever the user came from on other pages. I have added "grouphiit.com" as an excluded referral url but that didn't seem to fix it. Do I need to do www.grouphiit.com?

What is the best way to track my conversions? I am able to add custom script to my cart funnel but it has to go on all pages. Therefore I can add Google Tag Manager.

Thanks!

Marlena

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

See here: 

https://help.shopify.com/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics

And look at the other pages on this topic in the menu to the left.

If you follow the instructions, you should get full eCommerce tracking happening.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Re: Conversion tracking with third party embed for shopping cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thank you for the reply. Neither of those links are really the answer that I am looking for though. I already have analytics running correctly on both platforms. The issue is how Paywhirl is implemented. You add the analytics code to your widget so it recognizes it as being part of your domain. Then, when a user clicks to the cart, it counts it as two separate users and the cart is considered a "direct" source. I am unable to see what the actual URL of my cart is since it is not visible so I can't do the cross domain scripting or referral restriction. I may try to move the analytics out of their placement and just do a custom script with Google Tag Manager and see if a URL registers under a Paywhirl domain.