AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking with one shopping cart

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear members,

I have an issue which I have long tried to find a solution for, but not yet been able to. I'm in charge of an AdWords campaign, and would obviously like to track the conversion accurately as well. However, on the website there is just one (invisible) 'shopping cart' used, for three different conversions, and all lead to one similar thank you page. However, all three conversions are notably different, so would be best if it could be possible to count all three seperately.

I already figured that this would be possible by creating a conversion path (conversion funneling) in Analytics, but am still searching for a proper solution in AdWords.

Thanks for all help in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Thom M

Without knowing more specifics it's hard to give you a confident answer.  I'm not sure I understand what an "invisible" shopping cart is.

It's possible that it can be accomplished with Google Tag Manger. You can set it up in such away that it will fire the correct conversion tracking based on parameters you set.  GTM is complex, and there is definitely a learning curve to it. You can start here to read up on the basics. It includes a few overview videos which are helpful: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en

There is a separate GTM community if you end up having more questions about it: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/tag-manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David K

It's a shopping cart in the sense that all 'purchases' will end up the same way (same page). Difference is, that 1 option is a donation one-time only, another one similar to that, and another one a monthly. Thanks for adding the web pages, will look into that!