AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking with Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a lot of issues getting tracking to work with Adwords. In Adwords for March 1-15th I have 18 conversions showing up, In Analytics I have 33 conversions showing up for Google cpc. 

Does Analytics measure the conversions from Adwords even when it isnt passing the data back to Adwords? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking with Analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Dustin_S,

One of the reason can be AdWords cookies expire 30 days after a customer's click, while Analytics uses a cookie that lasts six months to two years. That means if a customer completed a conversion 31 days after clicking on an AdWords ad, the conversion wouldn't be recorded in AdWords but would be in Analytics. 

Kindly read the Conversion Tracking and Google Analytics article for more details. 

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking with Analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Dustin_S,

One of the reason can be AdWords cookies expire 30 days after a customer's click, while Analytics uses a cookie that lasts six months to two years. That means if a customer completed a conversion 31 days after clicking on an AdWords ad, the conversion wouldn't be recorded in AdWords but would be in Analytics. 

Kindly read the Conversion Tracking and Google Analytics article for more details. 

Dinesh
My Blog