AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking using *.shtml - Markup Language specification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to set up conversion tracking using a thank you page that is of type shtml. It's almost like html but the S stands for 'Server Side Include' or SSI. When an SHTML webpage is sent to the web browser window, it gets assembled on the server and then sent to be viewed. The normal HTML tags all still work the same, the SHTML simply lets you INCLUDE other pieces into the HTML page.

In the conversion tracking settings tab, you can specifiy the page Markup Language, but shtml isn't included. Will this causes problems for tracking conversions?  Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author cskyi
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking using *.shtml - Markup Language specification

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Cskyi,

As per my knowledge, no, it will not cause any proplem in conversion tracking.

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author cskyi
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Cskyi,

As per my knowledge, no, it will not cause any proplem in conversion tracking.

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Cskyi,

The browser doesn't distinguish between .shtml and .html file extensions. Just use the HTML markup.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@cskyi wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to set up conversion tracking using a thank you page that is of type shtml. It's almost like html but the S stands for 'Server Side Include' or SSI. When an SHTML webpage is sent to the web browser window, it gets assembled on the server and then sent to be viewed. The normal HTML tags all still work the same, the SHTML simply lets you INCLUDE other pieces into the HTML page.

In the conversion tracking settings tab, you can specifiy the page Markup Language, but shtml isn't included. Will this causes problems for tracking conversions?  Thanks.