AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking status "unverified"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I've pasted a conversion pixel on my thank you page but the status remains as "unverified". Question is, that means that the code is not been inserted properly? Or it will remain that way until a conversion happens?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking status "unverified"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Carlos, how are things?

I guess that the status changes once google's bot is able to access the page with the code to verify it. I think that you don't need a conversion.

Here's a statement from help center:

"Unverified: We haven't verified that your tag has been put on your website yet. This takes a few hours. To make sure we see your tag, you can visit your conversion page (for example, the page confirming a purchase or mailing list sign-up). If it's been more than 24 hours and you still see this status, skip to "Confirming and verifying your conversion tracking tag" below."

Extracted from here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer leandrofm!

So the status should be "reporting" or something like that, right?

Thanks for your help dude!
Best.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author carlos p
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
It should turn to "Recording conversions" or "No recent conversions" once google is able to access the page and check the code.

Carlos, one important point is that many conversion pages are blocked for direct access by url, so maybe, you can see your status as "unverified" and still get conversions.

The best way is to search for one of your keywords, click your ad, go to your website and convert, and then wait a few hours to check if it shows up on Adwords reports.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome leandrofm!

Thanks for your help!
Best regards!

Conversion tracking status "unverified"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭