AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking - regular and remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Normal conversion tracking is a 30 day cookie.

If you then, have a remarketing campaign, if a sale comes in on a remarketing ad, how does adwords attribute conversions?  To the first /regular campaign?  To remarketing?  Not to both (I hope....)

thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking - regular and remarketing

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Conversion tracking works on last click for adwords campaigns, so if user clicked on your search ad on 1st of the month and same user clicked on your ad on 15th of month the conversion cookie will be reset on 15th and it will be active for 30 days from 15th and if user converts withing 30 days from 15th the credit would go to remarketing campaign.

But on top of this you can check for "click assisted conversions" for which campaigns are assisting in final conversion or check "top paths" under search funnels to check set of campaigns which are exposing campaigns and which are converting ones.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking - regular and remarketing

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Conversion tracking works on last click for adwords campaigns, so if user clicked on your search ad on 1st of the month and same user clicked on your ad on 15th of month the conversion cookie will be reset on 15th and it will be active for 30 days from 15th and if user converts withing 30 days from 15th the credit would go to remarketing campaign.

But on top of this you can check for "click assisted conversions" for which campaigns are assisting in final conversion or check "top paths" under search funnels to check set of campaigns which are exposing campaigns and which are converting ones.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog