AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking on the same page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

1) In my account i was using the landing page that time i have setup the conversion tracking.

Now i have change my all landing page to new landing page. So can i use the same code which i was using for old landing page for new?

2) In my new Landing page i dont have thank you page only one form is there where there is submit button 

so how can i track that submit button for conversion tracking?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking on the same page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vandana,

Yes, the same conversion code will be used but not on the landing page, it need to be placed on the thank you page.
If you will use the code on the landing page instead of thank you page then every ad click will be count as conversion even if nobody is filling the form.

So you need to create a thank you page and place the conversion tracking code there.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Vandana,

If you mean to say that there is no thank you page , then you might have to track the conversion as an Event using Event Track methodology. Also other alternative methods explained by our very own TC Pete here:- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/conversion-tracking-with-no...

I hope this helps!
Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vandana S

Great advice already. However, I would advise you to setup a new conversion instead. Go to Tools > Conversions > +Conversion Button > Website. And on the second screen, choose the option as shown in image below. Follow the onscreen guide to implement it. 

button-conversion.PNG

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The best solution, when there is no thank you page, is using Google Tag Manager. It can tell when a form submission is successful, rather than just clicks on the submit button which will be less accurate (if you have required fields or a captcha).

Using Google Tag Manager does require more tech know-how though.