AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking missing conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we track our ppc conversions on 3 different sources.. Adwords, on google analytics, and on our websites backend with tag tracking... When I pull up adwords it shows 15 conversions, but when I check our backend, it shows 25 conversions. We add a tag the the final urls to track ppc sales on our back end. Anyone know why the difference is so big? I have adwords set to track total conversions, not converted clicks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking missing conversions

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

A lot has been written on the topic of conversion reporting in AdWords vs. Analytics, since there are differences in the way each interface reports conversions, as well as a reporting lag.

To get you started, I'd recommend first looking through this Help Center guide on comparing AdWords vs. Analytics conversions.

From there, this post by Ishan discusses some of the other factors to look out for when deep diving into a difference in reported conversions.

Hope this helps!
Cassie