AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I am attempting to set up conversion tracking on my website, however there is no page that the customer visits after a conversion (i.e. buying from my website) that is part of my website. The customer is sent to Sage Pay and the transaction is completed from there. How would it be possible to track a purchase if the conversion doesn't occur on my website? 

Thanks,

Jamie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi  jamiejim,

Welcome to Adwords Community!

If you are implementing tracking and using a 3rd-party shopping cart, you will likely need to configure cross-domain tracking.

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Brijesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I have now found that that customer is indeed sent back to my website after a purchase, however i cannot find this page on Actinic to allow me to add the tracking code to it. The only pages I can see to edit and attatch tracking codes to are the 'content' pages which are generally my product pages and 'company history' etc. Am i able to access and edit the post payment page, and if so where would it be on Actinic? (i understand this is a google forum but hopefully people understand Actinic too) Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Jamie,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to above thoughts, I would like to add that if it's possible for you or your web developer to create a static thanks page once the transaction is complete on 3rd party domain and then redirect the user to that static page, you might track the Conversions and probably install that javascript code on that static thanks page.

Otherwise multiple domain tracking is possible via Google Analytics explained in this reference.

Just a thought!

Pankaj