AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking for two campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up conversion tracking for one campaign. Have created a second campaign using the same landing page and form. Will the conversions for campaign #2 be reported, or do I need to additional tracking code on the fulfillment page? Thanks in advance.

-cb

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking for two campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Charles.
You set up conversion tracking for your ACCOUNT, not your individual campaigns.

Are your conversions leads? If so, then you don't need to do anything. Your conversions will be tracked for your second campaign just like your first.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Charles,

I found you have post your query two place,

However you already get a good replied By Dave_Davis. There is no need to add other conversion codes in thank you page. Every individual campaigns will record its own conversion only. You may find the some useful info on the below link of the same type of questions:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking/m-p/284245#M9754
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In fact - you should certainly not add a second conversion to the same page, otherwise visitors from both campaigns would trigger both conversions.

Let me explain... suppose you have a store that sells blue and red widgets. The sale confirmation page is the same for both sales.

first scenario - one conversion code on the page... a person visits from the blue widget campaign and completes a sale. A conversion is recorded - as things are set up you woyldn't immediately know if this was for a blue or a red widget - since they both use the same confirmation page, but you'd know that the visitor arrived on your page from a campaign for blue widgets... maybe you don't really mind if they bought a blue or a red widget - you're just happy to make a sale and would like to know where it came from. In fact if this is for lead gen then perhaps it really doesn't matter - if the site is for ecommerce you'd probably like to get an idea of the sale value - and this can also be coded into the conversion code...

Second scenario : you add two sets of conversion codes to the page one for a blue widget sale and one for a red widget sale.

A visitor buys a blue widget - but both sets of code execute once the customer lands on the confirmation page. Now you've got two conversions, two sales recording from a single sale. Your cost per conversion id half what it really is and you think you've made two sales when there's really one one.

you'll also spend a lot of time trying to figure out why so many of the visitors who click on your blue widget campaign end up buying red widgets (spoiler - they didn't)