AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking for more than one campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a few campaigns set up in adwords . I have linked a product group on my website to a campaign so I can track product groups separately and compare against each other. However I hear you cant really have more than one conversion tracking code on your checkout page so this poses a problem for me , because I want each campaign to have a conversion tracking code linked to my website.

I don't really want to set up several success pages for each product group on my website as this is too much work. If I pile all the campaigns into one campaign and track conversions by adgroup instead , would that be better? But what about losing historical data on those campaigns?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Aileen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking for more than one campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Aileen,

Firstly, conversion tracking is at the website level. If you have one thank you page, creating one conversion tracking code would be appropriate. AdWords attributes conversions to clicks and hence the keyword/ad/ad group/campaign that served the click would get the credit for conversions.

Feel free to write back, if you have questions.
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar