AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking for enquiry forms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to track conversions from calls and completed equiry forms from one of my campaigns. I have managed to add a conversion code for google numbers but am struggling to track equiry form conversion codes. Our current enquiry form does not have a 'thank you page'  which code can be added to, so our developer has suggested adding some analytics tracking code on the actual button and tracking clicks on that through analytics. I'm worried that doing this will track all completed enquiry form conversions, not just the ones from PPC. 

Has anyone had a similar problem or have an suggestions for tracking our enquiry form conversions?

Re: Conversion tracking for enquiry forms

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Are you currently using GTM?

To answer your question in the interim though, all clicks on the button will be tracked, whether successful completion or not (if you attach a standard goal completion to a simple button click), these conversions will be attributed to the source of the traffic though in analytics, on a last click non direct attribution model. You can look at other models though, my advice would be to do it with GTM.

The best solution would be for you to use GTM formSubmit listeners and fire the conversion tag on a successful form submit. These days that is rare though in which case the solution would be to get you developer to push an event to GTM on a successful form submit which you can then use to fire your conversion tracking in AdWords. This is assuming that the form is using AJAX, or perhaps has a return false or anyhting else that could prevent the GTM listener from picking up the form submit itself.

Let me know if you have any questions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Clynton,

Sorry a bit of an adwords newbie, what is GTM?

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

GTM is Google Tag Manager. It is a container code that allows you to place tracking & scripts onto your site.

Read more here:

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en