AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking for both thank-you pages in double-opt-in

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I need some help with the AdWords conversion tracking. I already searched the community and couldn't find an answer.

My aim: 

I would like to track the double-opt-in steps when someone signed up for the newsletter coming from my AdWords ad:

1. the first thank-you page, when you are told that you get an e-mail to confirm (conversion: lead)
  2. the final thank-you page, after you have clicked the button (conversion: sign-up)

The problem:

I have implemented the conversion code snippets on the two thank-you pages, which worked for only the first thank-you page. After clicking the confirmation button in the email (leading to the final thank-you page), the final conversion does not seem to be tracked.

My question: Can I only track one conversion in this process? I thought the AdWords cookie should still be active and track both thank-you pages.

Any help is appreciatedd - so thanks in advance!

Daniel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel H
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking for both thank-you pages in double-opt-in

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh in that case, Yes absolutely.

Cheers!
Rinkal

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Daniel,

To what i understand these conversions are in a funnel form where people leads from one conversion to the other. Basis my understanding wanted to confirm have you generated & implemented 2 different codes for each of the conversion completion. If thats the case then there should be no problem. However if there is same conversion code on two different pages, then i think it maybe tracked as 1 conversion in converted clicks but 2 conversions in many per click. I could be wrong but to my knowledge this would be the scenario. Suggest you to have 2 different codes on each of the page for ease of analysis & optimisation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rinkal,

thanks for your reply.

I am already using two different conversion codes for the two different pages.

So it is possible that - as long as the AdWords cookie is active - the two conversions should be tracked, right?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel H
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh in that case, Yes absolutely.

Cheers!
Rinkal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help.

It is freshly set up, so maybe we just need more traffic to confirm that both cookies are working.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Daniel,
To confirm the same , you can segment your conversions by conversion name, it will help you confirm if both codes are firing right.

Cheers!
Rinkal