AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking for affiliates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone. I am searching for the best ppc software that can help me with tracking and optimization. I am affiliate so the conversion doesn't happen to my site so I cannot use the traditional tracking (adding a code to my thank you page) and I need to combine the information so I can make more informative decisions.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Conversion tracking for affiliates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can upload conversions or you can track using valuetrack parameters. It really depends on what your merchants offer in terms of custom values.

Unfortunately, if you don't control the process, it's going to be difficult. Impossible to get normal conversion tracking even.

If the purpose of your site is to send visitors to another merchant site, you're going to find it very difficult to advertise on adwordsAdWords. I'd recommend that you read all the policies before advertising.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can upload conversions or you can track using valuetrack parameters. It really depends on what your merchants offer in terms of custom values.

Unfortunately, if you don't control the process, it's going to be difficult. Impossible to get normal conversion tracking even.

If the purpose of your site is to send visitors to another merchant site, you're going to find it very difficult to advertise on adwordsAdWords. I'd recommend that you read all the policies before advertising.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, we have tried PPC affiliate campaigns and it is ok to advertise vie Google AdWords, we managed to follow there requirements. We used third party software Voluum to track the conversions and then upload them in Google AdWords but right now we are searching for better solutions. Even a platform where we can easily manage all the ppc campaigns ( bing,,,,).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Nora,
If you're uploading transactions, you really won't get a better solution. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid. You'll have to ask your merchant to add your tracking code if you want more.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am trying to find a better more optimized solution. The affiliate tracking if you advertise a lot of offers ( i am a gambling affiliate) can be a very complicated.

Conversion tracking for affiliates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi Nora

I don't know if this is still relevant, but we've created a workflow that allows you to fully automate this process.

You can find the detailed guidelines on our blog.

Let us know what you think.