AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking code put on another site / Can a Goal be a page on another site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the scenario.

We have our site blahblah.com (not real) and when someone completes a contact form the "Thank you page" they go to is a page on another site. 

Our analytics code is on that other site's "thank you" page and the page is being tracked successfully

Can we put conversion tracking code on the other site too?  I am assuming yes,but previous ad managers didn't bother so I want to verify if it is ok and that it will work.

Also goals in GA - can we set up as a goal viewing a web page from another site?  This appears to be a little less likely to be ok. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking code put on another site / Can a Goal be a page on another site.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dougs798,

I could relate your scenario to the situation where there is no thank you page on the main site where the user is actually filling up the form. Based on this hypothesis, I would encourage you to read this post containing excellent options of tracking those conversions suggested by TC Pete

For Google Analytics set up, I would like you to go through this Cross Domain tracking article, which provides more insights.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj