AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking code on form's submit action is still unverified?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have 2 conversion tracking code for a campaign, one is on home page and another is on submit button of form, which after submission shows "Thank you" page, the code on that "thank you" page is still unverified. As, the Google Analytics goal conversion shows conversion on that page.

These 2 conversion tracking code is for same campaign but placed on different pages. One is verified and other is not. Please provide solution for that.   

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking code on form's submit action is still unverifi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gagan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I would ask why would you need two separate conversions for the same action? You can use conversion code only on Thank You page. About Analytics, once you link your AdWords and Analytics accounts together, you can see data in analytics as well. So, what's the point in having two separate conversion setup for the same action?

Or may be I did not understand why you need this. Could you please share more info?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'm not sure I understand your set up either...

From your comments it sounds that you have a conversion code on your home page - my first question would be why? If every visitor that gets to your home page represents a conversion, then you are going to get a lot of conversions which will be, frankly, meaningless.... even more so if you then send your Google AdWords traffic to your home page...

Then, if you have a conversion (presumably a GA event, as a goal, imported back into AdWords) on the submit button and a conversion on the thank you page that a visitor is sent to once they submit the form you will get two conversions each time a visitor completes the form. These are both counting the same thing, but will effectively give you twice as many conversions as "really" happened. Each time a single visitor submits the form, you get two conversions, effectively halving the cost per conversion (but not really).

Can you please explain the situation a little more and what you are hoping to track - maybe we can be of more help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ratan

Thanks for the reply and my concern is that, i have to 2 conversion codes, both having same conversion id but different conversion label, my problem is that, the conversion code which on "Thank you" page is still unverified and the conversion code on Home page was verified, What will be the reason for that ? And as per your suggestion if i remove one conversion code, can I place the conversion code which on home page to Thank you page, which appears when the form is submitted, as that code is verified

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Gagan,

I am sorry but the purpose of doing so is still not clear. You are using same conversion ID with two different labels on different pages. 

Tell us what exactly you want to track as conversions in the both the cases. It will help come up with better suggestions for you. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Actually Ratan I just want to track that home many conversion we have received through "Thank you" page, which appears when the submit button of form is clicked. But in adword's conversion page it shows that the code which on thank you page is unverified.
I understand your point and what the Steve have mentioned in the above note, that it is meaningless to have conversion code on home page. I will remove that code from there and also from adwords conversion page.

My major problem is that how can i verify the conversion code which is on thankyou page. Is there any technical problem?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Gagan, verifying the conversion code is not a problem. If you put the same AdWords conversion codes on multiple pages, even then they all be get verified once at least one conversion is recorded, and you can see them all in AdWords Interface. It's just a matter of time.

You can view all conversions from individual pages at Tools > Conversions > Webpages. Something like the below image...

Conversions – Google AdWords.png

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Gagan,

Once you received conversion, it will automatically verified. However, you need to check whether you have properly implemented the code on thank you page or not. For this you can open the page source and then manually check the codes.and add the Google Tag assistant and see whether your code is firing or not. 

Make sure, it will only verified, when your code is placed on right place.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Ratan now i understand what is the issue and why the thankyou page is unverified. Actually in Conversions > Webpages section there is only one page and that is home page not the "Thank you page", please can you explain how i can add the Thank you page to Tools > Conversions > Webpages section
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Gagan,

If that is the case then do as @Rakesh Kumar  guided you to troubleshoot conversion code. Once you have verified that your conversion code is installed properly on Thank You page, wait for at least one conversion to occur through AdWords ad. Once the system registers a conversion from your Thank You page, you will start seeing it listed in the 'web pages' section. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha