AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking code in thank you page

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question. When my customer makes payment through Paypal or G2S. If they are not return "Thank you page". Does AdWords count this a conversion or not ? (Thank you page has conversion tracking code)

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking code in thank you page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello KhanhLa,

For AdWords to record a conversion your customer has to reach the landing page that contains the tracking code. I am not sure about G2S but I know with PayPal you can have a setting which re-directs the customer back to a page of your choice after payment.

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KhanhLa
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Moshe,

Like the answer to moast AdWords questions, the answer is "it depends". If you use a funnel to record goals on Analytics and import those goals to AdWords, then, yes, the conversion will record on AdWords as well. The difference being with goals you can not supply the actual value of the sale. Instead, you assign a value to the goal completion. This is fine for newsletter sign-ups, lead generation and similar conversion actions. For an eCommerce site, it's a bit inadequate.

Also, if you track goals as conversions and place the conversion code on the final page, your conversions will be counted twice (I've done this, it is hard to correct).

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello KhanhLa,

For AdWords to record a conversion your customer has to reach the landing page that contains the tracking code. I am not sure about G2S but I know with PayPal you can have a setting which re-directs the customer back to a page of your choice after payment.

Kind regards,

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Scott, but if customers do not choose to return thank you page after pay through Paypal or G2S? Does AdWords count these payments that are conversions ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No, as there is no way of doing so. The "Thank You" page has to be reached for the conversion to be recorded, it's the only way.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok Thanks Scott. I wish all people would come back thank you page. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Scotty ;

Thanks!

Just being asked about PayPal conversion ....

If I use a funnel to record goals on Analytics, will it record the conversion on AdWords, as well,  or only as a goal  on Analytics?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KhanhLa
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Moshe,

Like the answer to moast AdWords questions, the answer is "it depends". If you use a funnel to record goals on Analytics and import those goals to AdWords, then, yes, the conversion will record on AdWords as well. The difference being with goals you can not supply the actual value of the sale. Instead, you assign a value to the goal completion. This is fine for newsletter sign-ups, lead generation and similar conversion actions. For an eCommerce site, it's a bit inadequate.

Also, if you track goals as conversions and place the conversion code on the final page, your conversions will be counted twice (I've done this, it is hard to correct).

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@pete!

Thanks!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’