AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to hear your opinion on Conversion tracking on the website that promotes events.

From what I see there are two main things to track:

1. Account Registration - User comes to the site and open an Account (conversion tracking code goes to the Thank You page for Account Registration)

2. Event Registration - User registers for an Event (conversion tracking code goes on Thank You page for Even Registration and conversion in AdWords)

That is clear, but is it possible to count User who registered for an Account and Event. Keep in mind that user can register for an Event a few days after he created Account. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking advice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This kind of falls into the realm of Conversions and Converted Clicks...

Let's say a visitor comes into the site, creates and account and then registers for an event.

This would count as two conversions - under conversions....

but would count as one conversion - under converted clicks - because that click did indeed convert (actually twice)

The reporting kind of covers this scenario - although you have to configure your reporting columns to see it.

Since the conversion window is set to 30 days by default, then anyone who converts on both target pages within that window should be spotted as a "single" visitor.

Clearly, both are important - my guess is, you are looking at running remarketing to people that created their account, but didn't register for an event (smart!) - and you might find this easier to do using Google Analytics segments - turning the segment into a remarketing list...