AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion to different domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, quick question for the community. Can I make a conversion go to another website that we own? Our search ad goes to a landing page and we want to count as a conversion when the user goes to our website which has a different domain name. Is this allowed and how to I implement? I assume I put the Google Conversion code on the different website?

Thanks, 

Don

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion to different domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

This should cover what you are wanting to do.

You'll need to set up cross-domain tracking across domain A.com and B.com.

You'll find the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Keep in mind that you'll need to use exactly the same tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXX-Y) on both websites in order to make it work. You don't need to change the existing ID's but you'll need to add a new and exactly the same tracking ID on both websites.

Kind Regards,

James

Conversion to different domain

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Don,

James' solution is for Analytics goals.

For AdWords, you can use an existing conversion code, or create a new one. AdWords doesn't care which site they are on - when you create a conversion you don't associate it to any campaign or website.

Make sure you test it by clicking on your own ad and completing the conversion action.