AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion report and 30days conversion window

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

I am struggling here with one issue. Here:
How can I segment out converted clicks by month while maintaining the 30day conversion window?
My goal is that users that clicked in January but converted in February are only counted in February.

Because when I report to my clients, let's say I start the report on 2nd of the month and I finish it on 4th, the conversions increased. 
Does someone has a solution? Or a trick?
Thank you all,

Xavier

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xavier S
February 2016

Re: Conversion report and 30days conversion window

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Xavier S

Conversions are attributed to the last ad click. So if they click on Jan 31, then come back directly on Feb 3 and covert, the conversion will be applied to Jan 31. When doing your report  you might want to review the previous reporting period's data to see if there have been any changes when comparing to your last report. Your client should be able to accept that you are reporting retroactively because the conversion technically happened after the last report you gave them.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xavier S
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Xavier S

Conversions are attributed to the last ad click. So if they click on Jan 31, then come back directly on Feb 3 and covert, the conversion will be applied to Jan 31. When doing your report  you might want to review the previous reporting period's data to see if there have been any changes when comparing to your last report. Your client should be able to accept that you are reporting retroactively because the conversion technically happened after the last report you gave them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Correct thank you for the explanation. Now, there is no way, to your knowledge, that we can attribute this Feb 3 conversion to the month of February?
Thank you for your help!
Xavier

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Xavier S

Not on the Adwords side of things because it needs to be attributed to the last ad that was clicked, and the keyword and search query that produced it.

You can setup some goals in Analytics that will report the day the actual conversion took place.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's what I was thinking yes, thank you!