AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion pixel not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I am having troubles with my adwords conversion pixel hosted on my subdomain. It is still showing unverified and not recording any test conversions. I 

I have my main website that i send my traffic to, and the pixel seems to be working for email signups, but then my shopping cart and billing page is located on a subdomain and the pixel is not firing for actual sales.

Can anyone let me know what im doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tobi A
May 2016

Re: Conversion pixel not working

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
An AdWords conversion will only happen on your test if you came to the page by clicking one of your ads. Going directly will not register a conversion. As Vivek mentions, add the Google Tag Assistant plugin to Chrome and then you can check if the tag is firing.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tobi,
I will suggest you to add "google tag assistance" for chrome browser and access you conversion page, it will tell you what is wrong with your tag.

I would like to know how you are implementing your conversion tag, conversion page for domain and sub domain is same or different?

Thanks
Vivek

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tobi,

You only need to add the AdWords conversion tracking code to your subdomain (Thank you page / Order Confirmation Page), That will record conversions only from people who previously clicked on your ad.

The conversion code works with a 3rd party cookie. If the user has blocked 3rd party cookies, the conversion will not record.

Best of Luck!

Thanks,
Anand

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tobi,

Could you pls make it clear whether the problem is with SubDomain or Cross Domain? Because the answer will be different accordingly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

My main website is - www.socialanxietyacademy.com . I am sending visitors to this page, however, when someone goes to make a purchase, they are directed to members.socialanxietyacademy.com, which is hosted by a third party who hosts my courses and processes billing and cards. So i gave them the code, they said it should be working but it still says 'unverified' and ive processed many test transactions and its still saying 'unverifed'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You need to contact to third party who have hosted your sub domain, I am sure they don't have put conversion tag into thank you page. That's why it is still not verified.

Thanks
Vivek

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Pls check with them if the billing page or order confirmation page have different domains other than yours. And if this is the case then your payment method is on 3rd party website and therefore you need to be a bit cautious and make sure that user is redirected to your domain or site after payment has been made. And here is the page where you have to install the conversion tracking code.

Please check the process how things will work in your case and where to paste the conversion code.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5p4bfcgb-g0UmlnNnBCSkJOMFE

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tobi A
May 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
An AdWords conversion will only happen on your test if you came to the page by clicking one of your ads. Going directly will not register a conversion. As Vivek mentions, add the Google Tag Assistant plugin to Chrome and then you can check if the tag is firing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for your info. It says the pixel is working, but i have not yet tested a conversion through my google ad. So im guess thats the issue.