AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion page 'pre-loads' on landing page in 1-pixel iFrame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Conversion page 'pre-loads' on landing page in 1-pixel iFrame

Hi there,

I just learned that our landing page 'pre-loads' the following page (the page we have our AdWords conversion tracking code on) in a 1-pixel iFrame. You would think, then, that conversions would show one-for-one with clicks, but they don't, conversion rate is around 20-30%. 

How accurate do you think these conversions are? 

Thanks!

Christie Cooley

SPEEDILICIOUS, Inc.

http://www.speedilicious.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion page 'pre-loads' on landing page in 1-pixel iFrame

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christie,

Welcome to the Community!

This is interesting...first I would ask if you have any method of matching up your actual conversions with what is being reported.  What defines a conversion for you.  If you're collecting leads or making sales, can you count the leads/sales to match the conversion numbers for a particular time period?

Secondly, would you care to share your landing page at all?  I can take a peek at it and give you some thoughts...doesn't mean I can solve this but may be able to shed some light.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’