AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion on a 1 page website

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi the community

Please tell me how  can i manage to insert conversion code for a responsive html5 website made of 1 html page with vertical scrolling (for instance that sort of website : http://vin.strikingly.com/) . Inside of it a form (contact) or a phone number can be tracked..

Tks

Re: Conversion on a 1 page website

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Garguiers S

Here is the full help desk information on Adding conversion tracking
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Open up the HTML for the page your customers reach on your website after they've completed a conversion -- the "thank you for your order!" page, for example. This is called the conversion page.
Between the body tags (<body></body>) of the page, paste the code snippet you generated in AdWords.
Save the changes to your webpage. And that's it!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks for your reply but the website haven't got any landing or thank you page, it's all on the same page !

is there a way to track something ?

Tks..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Garguiers S,

Usually data from such forms are updated by calling a code file at back end or javascript/ajax code to collect data.

So when a user clicks on submit button on such forms, that code is executed and then he is either redirected to a separate thank you page or contact us form is replaced by “Thank you ” message Div/HTML like above example.

So in short, add the adwords conversion code in the file after data has been processed

Or add the code soon after the Div content where “Thank you” message is displayed dynamically.

In simple words, google adwords conversion tracking uses javascript code and it needs to be executed after a successful conversion. You can even add it in a iframe.

Actual url will certainly be helpful to provide more details about conversion code implementation.

Cheers