AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion name cannot be selected together with Converted clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to pull a report that I have always been able to pull. I need to be able to run a campaign level report and see how many converted clicks each different conversion event received within each campaign.

Today is the first time I have received the message:

Conversion name cannot be selected together with Converted clicks”

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a bug?

I can't even see the conversions by name if I segment the data in the account.

I can, however, see the conversions if I go to tools > conversions > etc....But this only gives conversions at the account level, not campaign level.

Re: Conversion name cannot be selected together with Converted clicks

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Delana,

Welcome to the AdWords Community. Thanks for posting your first question here. We are happy to help.

In order to segment AdWords performance reports by conversion actions, the "conversions" column needs to be added. Because multiple conversions may be associated with a single click, Converted Click statistics (formerly known as one-per-click conversions) don’t provide an accurate count of conversions by type, since they count at most one conversion per click. As a result, they're not included when you download statistics segmented by conversion type.

As a simple solution, make sure you include columns for Conversion statistics in your table when you download your campaign table with the "Conversion type" segment. Because Conversions (formerly known as Many-per-click conversion) metrics count multiple conversions per click, you can segment them by conversion type to see the total number of times each conversion type was completed. By contrast, Converted Click metrics, if segmented by conversion type, would only show the total number of times a conversion type was completed first by a user. Subsequent conversions completed by a user are not included in Converted Click metrics.

Hope that helps,
Mini