AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion import de-dupe?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does the conversion import get rid of duplicate conversion click IDs that have already been imported previously? Or do I need to make sure that previously imported conversion click IDs are not imported a second time?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion import de-dupe?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... To my knowledge, once you import conversions, they can't be removed, so you need to remove duplicates beforehand (i.e. Before importing), but let me ask one of our programing experts  to chime in here;

@petebardo ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the ping, Moshe. I'm no help here, I don't do conversion imports as we don't have any offline conversions to report.

I did find this: "The same conversion won't be imported more than once. So, if you try to upload a conversion with the same combination of GCLID, "ConversionName," date, and time, AdWords will ignore it." here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

That's what I thought I had read some time ago. I can neither deny nor confirm whether conversion data can be removed. I'm inclined to go with Moshe on this. The article makes no mention of removing or correcting data once it has been accepted.

All the best,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks Pete; I think the link does clarify the issue.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’