AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion for 3 domains in adword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my adwords account I have 3 campaigns for 3 different websites. I am seeking for the answer how i could track the conversion rate for those 3 different domains as  conversion tracking is possible on account level only. Please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion for 3 domains in adword

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Arun,

Conversion Tracking is NOT based on account level. One thing that usually creates confusion, is that inside Adwords you don't link on Conversion Tracking to the campaign.

If you have 3 campaigns, one for each domain, then you need to create 3 different conversion tracking codes, and install each one on each site. You can use the name of the tracking to differentiate websites.

Conversion Tracking 1 Site#1 is related to Campaign #1
Conversion Tracking 1 Site#2 is related to Campaign #2
Conversion Tracking 1 Site#3 is related to Campaign #3

You just need to know for each campaign, the code you installed on each site.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Arum,

I would use Google Analytics. Associate each GA account with Adwords. Set up Goals for your conversion events or event trackers. Allow the Import those goals/events via the conversions tab in adwords. Lastly use Analytics to evaluate your conversion rates etc

If you are not comfortable with Using the Google Analaytics side, then you would set up the Adword scripts or the different website or conversion events you wish to track.  The the adwords scripts fire, they associate to the account/ campaign/ ad group/ keyword that triggered that event. 

Understanding conversion tracking
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

See Google Analytics data in AdWords reports
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

Set up conversion tracking
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Import Google Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Arun M,

I"m going to confuse you! If you have 3 campaigns for 3 different websites all in the same account, you really only need one conversion code unless you have assigned different fixed values for each of the sites' conversions.

There's a possibility here that a user clicks on an ad for site A, then submits a form on site B, the conversion will credited to campaign A. It would still do this if you use 3 different conversion codes. This system will properly credit the campaign/AdGroup/Ad/Keyword whether you use one code or three.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@petebardo That is definitely an efficient idea to have one conversion code, as that would eliminate possible confusion on the implementation side. However, I'm wondering if using 3 conversion codes (one for each URL) might make it easier for Arun to do conversion attribution analysis down the line? Just a thought.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I usually think that Adwords is not a good place to have several conversion tracking to measure attribution. When you have cases like this, you see it's hard to extract a few handful reports, always with lots of filters, and sometimes there's not the info you need.

I see Adwords as a place to measure the quantity, but quality, attribution and others, I go with Analytics (that's why I always lynk Adwords with Analytics).

That's my idea anyway Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Alexander,

There's always the possibility the visitor clicked on an ad for one domain then converts on another domain. That certainly could get confusing. He could run a report on conversions by page. Aside from that, conversions will be properly recorded and attributed according to the ad clicked, and that should give reasonably accurate results within the constraints of the AdWords reporting system. Linking the AdWords account to Google Analytics would give him more details, including the scenario described in the first sentence above.

Unless the conversions have different, fixed values, I really no reason to have multiple conversion codes for each web site.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords