AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion discrepency depending on level of viewing campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed the reported conversions for an AdWords account changes depending on what level the campaigns are being looked at. The cost, CTR, clicks, and other data is exact, but the conversions seem to be the only things that vary. The time and date is not a factor as it repeatedly happens for all past months in the account.

The account is linked to a MCC (the child MCC), which is managed through MCC (the parent MCC). The difference in conversions seen in the parent MCC seems to be less than the child MCC e.g. 750 versus 763 for one month, 833 v 842 for another month. So when I click Parent MCC > then view all campaigns for the child MCC, there is only one account and the conversions are always the lower figure (750 and 833 in the two example months.) When I click Parent MCC > Child MCC> View all campaigns for the account, I get the larger figure.

This has to be a bug. Is it known? Am I completely missing something?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua U
February 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Turns out the problem is conversions versus total conversions as default columns depending on the view!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joshua,

When you go to the actual child account via either the top level MCC or sub MCC, does this number vary or not?

I am asking this because sometimes there are lags at the top level MCC accounts where you try to review the data from the top. But when you actually go to the particular child account, that's not the case.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua U
February 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Turns out the problem is conversions versus total conversions as default columns depending on the view!