AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion column showing conversion but actually it is not happening

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a campaign where I am tracking sign-up through a free-trial form. In my Adwords account, under Conversions column, it is showing 4 conversions. But actually I am not receiving any mail notifications about the form submission. I checked the form, by filling the fields manually and the form submission is coming to my email id fine. I checked the conversion tag as well and it is properly inserted in Thank You page.

I will really appreciate if any body can help me here. I am new to AdWords and need assistance from this community.

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simayaa T
June 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Simayaa,

You've come to the right place!

There are a number of reasons why the conversion tracking could be inaccurate.

First, please follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. In your AdWords account, click the Tools button in the menu at the top, and then click Conversions in the drop-down menu

2. After you reach the Conversions page, which lists the conversion actions you have created, click Webpages in the left-hand column

This will give you a list of the urls on which the tracking code has fired. If the code is accidentally installed on pages other than the thank-you page, this will show you what those pages are, and you can then remove it from those pages.

If you only see the thank-you page url, let me know and I can give you some more troubleshooting ideas.

Best,

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simayaa T
June 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Simayaa,

You've come to the right place!

There are a number of reasons why the conversion tracking could be inaccurate.

First, please follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. In your AdWords account, click the Tools button in the menu at the top, and then click Conversions in the drop-down menu

2. After you reach the Conversions page, which lists the conversion actions you have created, click Webpages in the left-hand column

This will give you a list of the urls on which the tracking code has fired. If the code is accidentally installed on pages other than the thank-you page, this will show you what those pages are, and you can then remove it from those pages.

If you only see the thank-you page url, let me know and I can give you some more troubleshooting ideas.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John,

Thank you for your help. The webpages section shows the landing page URLs and not Thank You page. I checked those pages and found that the code is accidentally installed in the landing page. 

Regards,

Simayaa