AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion code troubles

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have a little technical question that I'd love to get some help with. I tried to put the conversion code on the "Thank You" page, after a lead was submitted, but the code still says "Unverified"

Can you tell me if I've done something wrong? The page is http://www.crossfitbalboa.com/thank-you/ It re-directs back to the home page quickly, so you have to be quick to see the source code Smiley Happy

Thank you

4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Conversion code troubles

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Johnathan,

There are 2 possible reasons that I could think of:

1. You've just installed it in the last 24 hours and Google didn't update the status yet.

2. The redirect to the home-page is too quick  and the Conversion code doesn't have enough time to get generated -  (the HTML loading process doesn't finish) - try to postpone the redirect action in 4-5 seconds.
Good Luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jonathan,

As explained several times above it would appear the issue is down to the redirect time. If you can reduce that a little so the script has chance to complete the action it would significantly help.

Again as previously mentioned you would be best to complete a full conversion yourself to see if the 'Unverified' status changes, but please note that you will have to allow for some time after completing the conversion for the data to reflect. 

Please let us know how you get on with this so we can offer any further support or at least let other community members be aware of the solution.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Johnathan,

There are 2 possible reasons that I could think of:

1. You've just installed it in the last 24 hours and Google didn't update the status yet.

2. The redirect to the home-page is too quick  and the Conversion code doesn't have enough time to get generated -  (the HTML loading process doesn't finish) - try to postpone the redirect action in 4-5 seconds.
Good Luck,

Asaf

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

I didn't dig into all of your code but I was able to see the conversion code on the thank you page, that part appears to be fine. (Sometimes, if you're running certain scripts to execute your conversion code, there can be problems but this is a bit beyond what I can do for you right this minute.)

What I really wanted to mention is that "Unverified" is the status given to a conversion until an actual conversion is recorded.  You can test one of your inexpensive KW to register an actual conversion to make sure everything is functioning properly, but it will cost you for the click.

What's your FRAN time?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Johnathan,

Have you received conversion yet in your adwords campaign?

Edit: I asked this question to figure out what Tom said. you may not have recorded any conversion yet. 

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

All I know is the page loaded and redirected to quickly for me to even see the code.

How are you accomplishing the redirect--with a meta tag or with Javascript. Your conversion will remain unverified until one goes through. Google suggest clicking on your own ad and completing the conversion process to verify the code placement. It really is the only way to be certain.

But I have to ask, why are you redirecting to the home page? The problem is that the conversion code delivery from Google does not always take the same amount of time and can not reliably be predicted. All that code must be downloaded and executed for the conversion to be recorded, and that will all have to happen before the page is redirected or the code won't run. I assume sign up is your conversion action. Why would you redirect a person who just signed up to a sign up form? If that happened to me while browsing, I'd probably think the first submission didn't work. IMHO, you are setting yourself up for less than accurate conversion counting and that could easily have a negative impact on your successful campaign.

Just a thought. Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jonathan,

As explained several times above it would appear the issue is down to the redirect time. If you can reduce that a little so the script has chance to complete the action it would significantly help.

Again as previously mentioned you would be best to complete a full conversion yourself to see if the 'Unverified' status changes, but please note that you will have to allow for some time after completing the conversion for the data to reflect. 

Please let us know how you get on with this so we can offer any further support or at least let other community members be aware of the solution.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm going to change the position of the code and also increase the re-direct time. Maybe completely get rid of the re-direct! Thanks a ton. I'll let you know what happens Smiley Happy

I don't do crossfit so I have no idea what my FRAN time is Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Johnathan,

Good suggestions so far...

Did you try to run a test conversion yet?

In my experience it can take 24-48 hours for that first conversion to show, after that they update very regularly.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Johnathan,

I've tried the redirects with the conversion code and the result is just unreliable. As I mentioned above, I just  don't see the need to redirect to the home page. It's not what users expect and could lead to confusion on the user's part. I highly recommend dumping the redirect altogether.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords