AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion code problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies my first post is a question - I will try and give back to this forum as it's been a valuable resource for me over the last few years.

I have a problem understanding where to put the conversion code a particular site im working on. There is no static 'thank you page' and instead, when a user clicks the 'Submit' button, a message pops up in replace of the form and the URL doesn't change. I think it uses JS. The code for the button is - class="button_more" onclick="Enquire('5090'); 

I dont have access to the files just yet and I'm not certain how onclick events work, but thought that if "Enquire('5090'); is a file, it could be placed in there? Or perhaps the conversion code needs wrapping around the code of the button?

Im not really sure what the right answer is - any help would really go down well!

Thanks a lot,

Martin.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion code problem

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I think that your scenario is well explained by TC Pete in this interesting thread, where he has provided lot of options to deal with tracking conversions. Kindly refer to this thread.

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

event tracking is the best way for your problem

here  you will find more specific information about tracking events

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I think that your scenario is well explained by TC Pete in this interesting thread, where he has provided lot of options to deal with tracking conversions. Kindly refer to this thread.

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for your replies, much appreciated. Hopefully getting closer to a solution Smiley Surprised)