AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion code from two accounts on same page, will it work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has an adwords account and their ticket broker is also operating an adwords account. Tickets are purchased on the broker's site.

The ticket broker insists on the thank you page being on their site after the purchase is made (not my client's site). We sent them the conversion code generated from our account that registers a sale, and they verified it is in place. Then we did a test and a conversion registered.

However, we are not seeing any conversions since the test, even though we are pretty sure that several hundred ticket sales are generated from our Adwords account.

Is it possible that the ticket broker has Adwords conversion code that is 'stealing' our conversion stats if placed on the same thank you page as our tracking snippet?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon C
September 2015

Re: Conversion code from two accounts on same page, will it work?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jon C,

If the code is properly placed on the page, conversions should be recorded and attributed properly. The conversion id is tied to one account. The conversion code works with a 3rd party cookie. Has the page been changed since you put through your test?

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'm not a programmer, and surely not at the level of programming @petebardo is,  yet, I had a similar case with a client who carried out the purchase on the vendor's site (the purchasing transaction was Iframed on the client's web site.)

I don't remember, though,  the exact details, and the technical explanation:   We also were not able to record the transactions, though the code was installed,  until we set a command (do not recall which), that returned  the user (after the purchase) to a thank-you page on the client's site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Moshe and Jon C,

iFrames can be problematic depending on how the content is delivered. There's no indication from the OP that the thank you page is delivered in an iFrame.

This should work. I'd suggest another test conversion. And check the thank you page for 2 sets of the AdWords conversion code. The complete block of code must be on the page twice, including loading the conversion.js twice. The content must be delivered as a page, not with AJAX or a call back.

When you get to the thank you page, you could copy the conversion code blocks and paste it into a reply to this thread. I can take a look to see if it looks right.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi petebardo,
Thanks for the reply. I did a test purchase and looked at the code the ticket broker actually had on their site (versus the screen shot they sent me when we set it up, which was correct). Somewhere in their process after they sent that to me they deleted the second half of the conversion script.

It is working fine now.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Jon C,

Glad you got it worked out.

Pete