AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion assignment to remarketing audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question and it's possible that this is a stupid one but I will ask anyways. I want to set up a dynamic remarketing campaign for an e-commerce website. I have audiences for visitors that visited subpages dedicated to products of a particular brand and audiences for visitors that visited subpages dedicated to particular category of products. At first I wanted to create separate ad groups for each so the campaign structure would be like this:

1. Visitors who abandoned their shopping cart

2. Visitors who visited brand related subpages

3. Visitors who visited category related subpages

4. Visitors who visited certain products

Then I set back for a minute and I asked myself what about the users that are in more than one category. For example 2+3. When this visitors finally makes an order to which audience is this conversion assigned? To one of them? To both?

The second question would be is it a good idea to cross-exclude this audiences? For example Ad Group 2 would target audience 2 but excluded 3 and 4 and of course also people who made an order. Or should I just target the audience, exclude people who made an order and be done with it?

Thanks for any help!

Štěpán Heller

heller@digital-ant.cz

www.digital-ant.cz

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Štěpán H
January 2016

Re: Conversion assignment to remarketing audiences

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
@Stepan H

The conversion will be attributed to whichever list generated the ad. A user can be on list 2 and 3, but if he clicked the ad from adgroup 3 and converted, then adgroup 3 will get the credit.
As for your other question, I would use caution with the first scenario. From what you've described, excluding your "made an order" list would be the easiest way to go.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Štěpán H
January 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
@Stepan H

The conversion will be attributed to whichever list generated the ad. A user can be on list 2 and 3, but if he clicked the ad from adgroup 3 and converted, then adgroup 3 will get the credit.
As for your other question, I would use caution with the first scenario. From what you've described, excluding your "made an order" list would be the easiest way to go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

thanks for the answer, makes sense, it helped me a lot!

Regards

Štěpán