AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion after a 30 day free trial

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have an AdWords campaign that is directing people to a 30 day free trial of my product. After this time they have the option to upgrade to a number of different paid for account options.

At present I track AdWords conversions as a successful free account signup but do not record conversion to a paid account after the 30 day trial. I also run Analytics and have the conversion from free to paid implemented as an Analytics goal.

Within the Analytics goal if I want to filter only AdWords traffic I use an advanced filter to restrict display. This seems to work OK however I still need to refer separately to AdWords to check campaign costs vs conversions.

Does anybody have any suggestions on ways to improve my conversion tracking setup?

Thanks

Justin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion after a 30 day free trial

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Justin,

One option I could think of would be to import your Analytics goals into Adwords. For this you will have link your Adwords with Analytics. Doing this would let you know which particular campaign and the costs are responsible for the paid account conversion which happened via Adwords.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

Another option could to install the Conversion Tracking script for the paid account success page as well in addition to your free trial account set up.

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Justin
We've got the excact same problem. Did you find a solution?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jesper F ,

Currently AdWords has an expanded conversion window of 90 days , as announced here :

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/09/customize-conversion-window.html