AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Window

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

While set-up conversion code Adwords always ask us about conversion window. Lets say i have select it for 60 days. So i want to know what does that mean? How Adwords system will show my conversion?

If i paste conversion code and select conversion window today, will it show all conversion occur in coming or future 60 days? What about the conversion we will receive 61st day as we have already set window to 60 days? 

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Window

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Pankaj,

"A conversion window is the period of time after a customer clicks your ad during which a conversion, such as a purchase, is recorded in AdWords"

Conversions are attributed to clicks, based on cookies. A cookie is dropped on the user's browser when he/she clicks an AdWords ad. AdWords uses this cookie information to attribute conversions to clicks. Conversion window defines the validity of this cookie - What's the time period you'd like to allow between a click and a conversion.

All conversions would be recorded after the code is pasted on the website, irrespective of the conversion window. More about conversion window here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar