AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Window

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Which conversion window is better to choose 30 days or 90 days? My goal is not sales but leads.

In general how do we have to opt for the correct conversion window?

Thanks,

Davis

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Window

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Davis,

If you think your customers might take longer to "convert" then you can opt for a longer conversion window. 30 days is simply the default.

You set the conversion window when you set up the conversion. Log into your AdWords account and navigate to Tools -> Conversions -> +Conversion. At the second step, you'll have an option to set the time.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 09.49.57.png

I hope this helps,

Kathleen

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davis
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis,

The correct conversion window is entirely dependant on your product. Does it have a long sales funnel? Is it something that you want to track long term.

In essence the longer conversion window you have the further back that conversion will be recorded. So if you have a long sales funnel and want to know the long term extent of your campaigns then a larger window is needed. It all depends on your particular account.

If you do not see someone clicking your ad and then converting 90 days later this is not something worth setting.

In general most of my conversion funnels are set at 30 days, with some of my B2B's set at a larger window.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Kathleen

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Clynton
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davis
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello Davis,

Checking the search funnels time lag report (you’ll see the average and a distribution of the length of time it takes your customers to complete a conversion after clicking on keywords in your account) will also help you to decide how long of a window to set.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023

My 2 Cents

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Deepak