AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Value Less Than 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I do not get a conversion for every click.  I have a one-page website.  Adwords charges me for a click, Analytics records the paid visit, but there is no conversion.  Page load speed is faster than my peers.  I am only set up for desktop and laptop devices, no mobile phones or androids.  Am I wrong in thinking that the only way this can occur is if someone clicks on my ad, and then backs out before the site loads?  Is there another scenario?  Do tell.

Thanks,

Danny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Value Less Than 1

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Danny,

Once someone visits your website what is the action that you are expecting them to complete?

Is it a product purchase or giving a lead?

Have you implemented conversion tracking?

You need to place the conversion tracking code (you can get it from the asword account interface - Tools and Analysis - Conversions) on your Thank You pages.

A conversion is tracked when a visitor is visits a web page, completes the desired action and reaches the 'Thank You' (Goal) page. This will trigger the conversion tracking code and the conversion will be recorded.

Find conversion tracking set up detail here if you haven't implemented it.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722054

Info

kb
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
kb
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Info,

The action that I am expecting them to complete, is to wait half a second for my website to load.

My entire website is the landing page. I don't have a "thank you" page. 

The conversion code is placed on that one and only page.

I've implemented the tracking code successfully.

I've installed analytics successfully.

For those who click on my ad and allow my website to load, I get a conversion.

-Danny

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Danny,

If you are considering every visit as a conversion, then why you need conversion tracking implemented?

Because every click will result in a conversion.

Nice to see same person from two different IDs. First time during my interaction with this community Smiley Happy

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lol.. It's weird that I was able to respond while I was working with a different ID.  I tried to do it again just now and the system wouldn't let me.

You're killing me, Info.  The reason I posted this question in the first place is because every click that I'm getting isn't resulting in a conversion. 

I would just like to know if there's a way for somebody to click on my ad and cost me money just for the sake of costing me money and has no intent of viewing my webpage, let alone doing any business with me.

I think that getting a click without a conversion is an example of that.

Do you follow?

-Danny

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Danny you are a genius.

As per your hypothesis if some one just want to cost you money without any intention of doing business with you, then they will click on your ad, will not wait for your website to load (no conversions) go back again and click again.

This is a the most sophisticated fraud detection technique I have ever came across.

Theoretically you are absolutely right. Please go ahead and reveal the results once your test is complete.

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Who says that they don't click over and over without letting the webpage load.

I've had people click on me 15 times in less than a minute.  $300 out of my pocket straight to Adwords.

I'm just trying to survive.

-Danny

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Danny,

Totally understand your concern.

We have some useful information in these two earlier threads.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Click-Fraud/m-p/50936#M3537

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/whos-clicking-on-me/m-p/50012

If you are new to adwords please make sure your basic setting (keywords and their match types, network selection etc) are optimal as per your campaign goals.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704395

Info