AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Value Blank - using Tag Manager

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

We are running a campaign that use conversion values. We have implemented the conversion tracking in Google Tag Manager, using custom variables containing the transaction ID and transaction values.

In Tag Manager preview mode, we can see that the values populate as intended, and the conversion tag is firing on the final stage of the checkout.

When we view Google Adwords Conversion Reporting, we see that a number of conversions have taken place (which is great!) but the value of the conversions is zero, even though its specified and firing.

Does the Conversion tracker require a number of conversions before the dollar value is reported?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

One possibility is that the conversion isn't setup to process unique transaction values. Navigate to Tools > Conversions with AdWords. Click on the name of your conversion and select "Edit Settings". Click the pencil next to "Value" and ensure that this radio is selected: "The value of this conversion action may vary (for instance, by purchase price)".

If all that checks out than there is likely an issue with how the tag was implemented. I would read this article to help troubleshoot: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095947?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. We do have it set to the variable value, with a default value specified if no transaction value is supplied. 

Here are the other settings

-Count: Every Conversion

-Conversion Window: +/- 30 days

-Category: Purchase/Sale

-Included in Conversion: Yes

-Attribution Model: Linear

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok, then it's probably a technical issue with the implementation which is very difficult for our AdWords Community to troubleshoot. I would review the link that I sent and if that doesn't work call AdWords support to troubleshoot further: 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453) for United States.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.