AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Unverfied?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I just checked my conversions in Adwords and they are Unverfied.

Am I correct in saying a conversion needs to happen for it to report OR maybe this is not installed correctly on my page?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Unverfied?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob,

There could be many things to look upon here...

First and foremost would be to check the code whether it is correct and correctly placed within the body tags of your HTML page, which is actually your goal completion page (whether any contact thanks or check out success page).

Second is the reporting delay. There is maximum delay of 24 hrs in Adwords reporting in terms of conversions. So you might be looking at it early and give it sometime to have the updated stats.

Another thing to cross check would be to do a test conversion by clicking on your own ad and then reaching the goal completion page. Then wait for 24 hrs to get the update in your Adwords account.

Read this article for more insights.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob,

You are correct. A conversion must take place for the conversion to be verified. Google recommends you click on your own ad, complete a conversion, then wait up to 24 hours for it to show up in your UI. If it doesn't show up within 24 hours, it's a good bet it hasn't been done right.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob,

There could be many things to look upon here...

First and foremost would be to check the code whether it is correct and correctly placed within the body tags of your HTML page, which is actually your goal completion page (whether any contact thanks or check out success page).

Second is the reporting delay. There is maximum delay of 24 hrs in Adwords reporting in terms of conversions. So you might be looking at it early and give it sometime to have the updated stats.

Another thing to cross check would be to do a test conversion by clicking on your own ad and then reaching the goal completion page. Then wait for 24 hrs to get the update in your Adwords account.

Read this article for more insights.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob,

You are correct. A conversion must take place for the conversion to be verified. Google recommends you click on your own ad, complete a conversion, then wait up to 24 hours for it to show up in your UI. If it doesn't show up within 24 hours, it's a good bet it hasn't been done right.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a mill for the info Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭