AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suppose if i want to track conversion on Phone Number. Then how we can do it. For eg visit this link http://toshiba.mytechhelp.com/?cpid=34523&gclid=COO79cS5y7QCFU966wodmVEATw at right top side there is a number that i want to track & how its goal completion is show in Google Analytics.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Amit,

Can you clarify here whether you want to track phone calls or you are talking about conversion tracking script which is normally used to record leads in terms of contact form submission, newsletter sign up or sales like order completion etc...?

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am not sure I understand what you mean either, but if you wanna track click on a phone number on a website, that could easily be done with Event Tracking in Analytics. 
Should look something lile this: <a href="tel:031-00000" onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'PhoneMobil', 'Click'])"

Make it an Event-goal, read reports in Analytics and/or import goal to AdWords to get reports there (as well)

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hey Amit,

It needs to be an event(a button click or something) to be trackable.

this website is displaying a phone number. there's no good way i know of to track who calls you after seeing that, using analytics.

you could put in a required button click to display the number. then you could track the number of button clicks. but thats not a good user experience.

another way to do it is to let them submit their contact details to you, then you can track that using event tracking, as David mentioned.

here's the guide to doing that: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

once its set up in google analytics, you can import the conversion into adwords