AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having issues with my Adwords revenue tracking, for several months it is collecting only 50-60% of actual revenues collected.

Most of our customers complete a form (quote), then come back within 48 hours to make a purchase. So I have value set at $20 if no value assigned so I can attribute a value to the quote-opportunity. Then we we 'All Conversions' set as count, with dynamic tracking. 

So I thought if we receive a quote only then $20 is assigned, then if customer returns and pays then that revenue amount is added to that conversion value amount. However as mentioned not all revenue is being recorded and I think customers returning to pay may search by brand name and then its assigned to Brand name campaign. 

We use Tag Manager (no errors with Tag Assistant) and Adwords support haven't been able to assist, I am hoping my explanation is sufficient and someone can helpSmiley Happy

Thank you

James

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi James,

I think we need a little more information to answer your question, as it depends on how you are tracking these different conversion actions. Do you have a different conversion action set up for when someone requests a quote vs. when someone makes a payment?

You're right that it will be difficult to track revenue in an individual campaign since users may search for different types of queries before reaching the final conversion. Are you using Google Analytics at all to track how users interact over those 48 hours?

Cassie