AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating lets say 10 conversion pixels, will all of my campaigns take the 10 pixel under consideration? If so is it possible to make a campaign and set it up so it will only look at a few or one pixel in the Conversion Action tab.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

I'd like to firstly ask if those 10 conversion actions are for the same website?

Conversion tracking applies to all campaigns since it is at the account level. AdWords would attribute conversions (any of the 10 actions) to the clicks which would reflect in respective campaigns.

It wouldn't be possible to restrict a campaign to report specific conversion actions. However, if the campaign is built around a specific action, others would anyways be negated. You can segment campaign level data by 'Conversion Name' for a break up of conversion actions.

Feel free to write back!
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi G3 T,

Sumanth is correct. All campaigns in an account will consider all conversion pixels and, as he has stated, you can use the Dimensions tab to see which campaigns triggered which conversion action.

If these aren't all for the same domain, I would suggest creating a different account for each domain that you want to advertise for. If they are all for the same domain, I would consider creating different landing pages for each of your campaigns to help separate the desired conversion actions, if that is important to you.

However, that said, I wonder why you are trying to restrict certain conversions from certain campaigns? It's generally still valuable to know what a visitor did on page, even if it wasn't the primary conversion point. If all of the conversions you are tracking aren't really things that you want to optimize based upon, I'd consider tracking them in Google Analytics instead of in AdWords.

Good luck!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Because I want to add (Total Conversion Value - value is the profit) column next to Cost column (so i can easily see if a keyword or ad group is generating ROI without using segments "because it takes a lot of space") But when i have other Conversion Tracking Pixels set up with different values I cant use that method.

And by the way when I use segment i see values for conversions but no values for converted clicks, how come?