AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Which is the best way to track conversion for Google Adwords?

Conversion Tracking in Google Adwords Tools can work only when we use Enhance CPC Bidding? I manually setting my bids and i want to track conversion so i created a conversion name with Sale and inserted generated tag code in my check out page. 3 days left but the conversion is not active It still shows Unverified even after i inserted the tag correctly in checkout page. Could any one help me and to get it verified? Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James F,

Conversion tracking is independent of your bidding model. By that I simply mean that you can use any type of bidding you so desire and still track conversions successfully with the same conversion tracking.

The conversion itself will only become verified once it has fired successfully, so until you have had an actual conversion the conversion will remain unverified.

Have you checked the thank you page with Google tag assistant?
Have you followed the conversion path yourself to ensure that the last step has the code on?

If the code is on the correct page, and has been implemented correctly, then all you simply have to do is wait until someone converts.

Hope this helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello James,
I'm totally agree with Clyton point, Conversion tracking on depend on your bidding option or any campaigns setting. So you first check out your Thankyou page URL <body> source code correctly where you placed the Conversion tracking code completely.

----
Thanks,
Jitender

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

An important thing is that AdWords doesn't show your conversion tracking as "Verified" until it records a conversion that follow a click on an ad from a campaign running in your account.

In other words, it's quite possible that your AdWords conversion tracking tag is firing properly but as long as you get a conversion that is actually attributed to an AdWords ad click, it will still be marked as "Unverified".

To work around that, using the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension and doing a test conversion on your website is the best way to check your implementation.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Maxime,

Thanks for your response. I had a doubt regarding conversion tracking..i set up one.. inserted the code in thank you page. Now my question is how the code works? Does it track sale generated from PPC Ads only.. or it also counts the sales directly from website. Because the thank you page is same for the Landing page and direct website. How can i sure that those conversions are only from PPC Ads?

Thanks in advance.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi james F,

You can read how it all works here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

But to answer your question directly. The code will only fire if certain temporary cookie is present when a user reaches the thank you page. That cookie is placed on their computer when they click an ad. So AdWords conversion tracking only fires when someone has clicked on an ad.

Good Luck