AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again Community - 

Quick question about conversion tracking. Say a potential buyer clicks on one of my ads on Monday but comes back directly on a Friday and makes a purchase. Will the conversion tracking record from Monday or from Friday? I have my cookies set for 30 days.

Thanks,

PPCNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCNewGuy
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If that same visitors uses the same browser and did not reach your website any other way (organic, link etc - but direct is ok) during that time, your conversion will be attributed to monday in AdWords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi PPCNewGuy,

David's answer is correct for Analytics reporting, which does not track many-per-click conversions the same way as AdWords conversion reporting. If the same user returns to your web site using the same browser and has not deleted the AdWords cookie, the conversion will always be recorded by AdWords on the date of the original click.

In Analytics, conversions are attributed to the last source. If you have an eCommerce site, look at the multi-channel sales funnel. It can help reconcile some of the differences in counts.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords